Friday, February 6, 2015

Everyday should feel like a birthday.

A few weeks ago, I found this: 

On Monday I turned 21. I had a lovely day, which started with pink m&ms in my cereal and a nice treadmill run. Pretty ordinary (other than the pink m&ms) but at the same time, perfect. I didn't do anything too novel for my birthday - I realized how "normal" the whole day actually was. In the end, my sister organized for a handful of friends to be at my apartment when I got home from dinner, and that was really special. But other than that, birthdays are getting pretty routine for me! Not as exciting as they once were.

I saved this flavor LUNA bar to eat that day
Google wished me a happy birthday
I received some special goodies :) Alex gave me the warmest scarf and hat and my mom sent some clothes that I'd been eyeing. 
One of my dearest friends sent a couple great books. I've already plowed through the cookbook and marked all the recipes I would like to try. And last night I started reading Sherlock Holmes for a few minutes before I went to bed.


Thank you to everyone who wished me well for my birthday! I've been doing a lot of cooking and there's some foodie recipes coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment