Friday, December 26, 2014

Happy Holidays!

Merry belated Christmas to everyone celebrating! Hope everyone is having wonderful holidays and is able to relax with family. 

We went to a couple of services on Christmas Eve and went to bed early... gettin' old I guess.
Started off Christmas Day with my physical therapy exercises before everyone else went downstairs. Hopefully the new year brings new hope in terms of my recovery and return to running!

Every Christmas morning, we host a brunch, and on Christmas Eve I prepare a blueberry apple coffee cake for everyone to enjoy. I followed this recipe and would definitely use it again! 

I received some Nutella in my stocking and ate it with a banana this morning... just like I used to do for breakfast everyday in Europe!

My sister got me some socks (socks are my favorite) - these ones are perfect!

My dad set up clipless pedals on the bike I was using over the summer for the 50-mile ride. I'll start practicing to clip & unclip indoors and then try outside! A relative generously gave me some hand-me-down clipless shoes. I can still expect to go down a couple of times before I'm used to it but I'm excited to start using these clipless shoes - hopefully helps me be speedier!

In the meantime, I can be found on the erg. I've still been working on long and low pieces but I will start with shorter explosive pieces soon so I can get ready for the upcoming sprint season.

No comments:

Post a Comment