Monday, June 8, 2015

Great summer salad.

Do you ever find a recipe that you really like and then proceed to make it over and over again until you get completely sick of it?

That's what I'm doing with this summer salad

I made this salad for my roommates a few times over the course of this past school year, and it's always been a big hit. When friends were coming into town over the weekend, I wanted to make something that would accommodate everyone's preferences and dietary restrictions (vegetarianism, dairy allergies, etc.). This ended up being the perfect solution, and I got to use some fresh, sweet corn that is available in vast quantities in my country town this summer. 

All you need is tomatoes, red onion, black beans, corn, an avocado, and seasonings.  I love this recipe because it has such basic, easy ingredients that I usually have on hand, and is very quick to prepare with little clean-up. I chop everything up first, and then toss the fresh veggies in a bowl before adding the rinsed black beans. I like to cook the corn in the microwave for 4 minutes and then shear it off the cob with a knife. Once you've got everything together just add olive oil, salt, and pepper to your preferences and there you go! Great for sharing or to get you through the week. I'm getting ready to make a new batch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment