Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Slow-Cooked Bean Medley.

It's been a busy week so far! I've had a couple of REALLY long days (like...having class/meetings/runs/practice every moment from like 8:00AM to 11:30PM or so).

My sweet friend knew just what I needed :)


Got back into rowing yesterday, which was definitely worth the time it took :) I will be rowing in a double this season, which I'm really excited about. My doubles partner is very experienced, and very awesome :)

This is what I love:

Yesterday we spent practice just getting a feel for each other and we did a 5-minute warm-up, 2x10 minute pieces and 2x8 minute pieces. With lots of chatting breaks in between!

Today I made a bean medley with lots of kinds of beans, canned corn, ketchup, and a few other veggies.

Here's the recipe to the bean medley.

It turned out really yummy. I'm delighted with the fact that I can just throw a bunch of things in the slow-cooker, turn it on, and come home with a healthy, balanced meal. One of my roommates commented that it tastes like Sloppy Joe's? I've never had a Sloppy Joe but I'm guessing it was the ketchup. My favorite part is the kidney beans and the  corn!

This week I've started bringing lunches, too. Last week I was still able to hurry home for a quick lunch but this week is just too busy now that I've got my normal schedule going! One day I did meet my sister for one of the famous salads from around here :

Otherwise, I keep it simple. I'll usually bring a PB&J roll-up and an apple. Tomorrow I decided to mix it up a bit and do a kale mix roll-up, broccoli & dip, and an apple. 
It does take a lot of time, but I definitely have been enjoying grocery shopping for myself and preparing my own meals. This is something I really liked while living abroad, as well.

Let's end on an excited note : 
All seven seasons! I am not a big TV person at all, but I'm a diehard fan of this show. I started watching it when I was 12 and I've seen every episode at least 2-3 times now. So this is a very exciting piece of news ! I might be chained to my computer for awhile now... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment