Monday, September 1, 2014

Success!!!

I had a successful run yesterday! I did 5 miles on the treadmill with no incline (next time I'll bump it to about 1% which is a better simulation of real outside running but still saves me from the hills). I wanted to run more because it felt good but I knew I had to take it easy and stop before anything went wrong again. So after 5 miles I headed over to the pool and did an hour of pool running with my sister! 

It went much better having a friend there with me!

I'm going to try to be running more and more normally in the next few days, and no running more than 2 days in a row. Hopefully by the end of the week I'm back to normal! I will maintain that for a few weeks until it's time to taper. Only 6 more weeks until the marathon!

Last night I took Alex to see the Boathouse. He had never actually been!

I showed him the doors that I painted 2 years ago :)

This morning, I tried out another run. I did this one still at easy pace, but a little quicker than yesterday. I picked up the pace to marathon pace for miles 2.3-3 and then from miles 4-5. Got 6 good miles in there. Sticking to the nice flat treadmill for awhile!

Lots of stretching, a little ice, and listening to what my leg is telling me! 40 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment