Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day!

Kept busy again today and had a fun Memorial Day weekend with my family. Slept in a little (now 8:30 is sleeping in for me, aghh!) and did some finishing touches on our new scrapbook... It's finally complete!










Headed out for a run and did 4 speedy miles. At home I did some 8-minute abs  followed by 8-mintute arms because I was feeling ambitious. I also stretched a lotttt and did some planks. After lunch I headed out to the beautiful metro parks with my family and did another 4 miles (these ones slow). This was my first time running in the metro parks and I LOVED it and think I'll be doing a lot more of that this summer...next time hopefully I will go earlier when it's not so hot! My grand total for the day was 8.02 sweaty miles and had to reward myself with custard from the Popcorn Shop of course.
Hung out at beautiful Chagrin Falls for a few minutes with my mom and sister and of course our ice cream.

After getting home I decided something needed to be done about my watch, which has been in smithereens since Dublin...

Decided to make a quick trip over to Target with my gift card... It took every bone in my body not to buy approximately 42 other things that I absolutely "needed" ;) Target is my happy place.

My new watch is pretty fancy...

Wrapped up the evening with a family bbq and read my new book outside! I'm LOVING the warm weather... I know I escaped the polar vortex but I seriously felt freezing every second I was in Europe. Wearing shorts is the BEST feeling.

Hope you all had wonderful Memorial Days - have a great week :)

2 comments: