Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Exciting Wednesday things...

Berries!
Started the day off sitting by the window and eating some raspberries and blackberries in the sun. I also got in my first run since I've been sick and the weather couldn't have been better for it! When I got back home the thermometer said it was 55*F! They say this is the warmest it's been in March since the 1800s or something. Towards the end of my run I was just so thrilled that it was sunny, and warm, and that I was finally feeling better, that I reached my palms towards the sun and wahoo-ed with happiness. Later this morning I saw this quote that HRG shared and thought it so embodied my run today (but also how I've been feeling now that it's spring) :

Berries are a lot cheaper here than in the States, and they're wonderfully fresh now so we stocked up! Alex got a bunch of blueberries and I decided I needed a way to use up the Greek yogurt in the fridge. I made a double batch of blueberry cake.

I used THIS blueberry cake recipe this morning.

My version:


Today I got an email from someone at the school saying my residency permit card had arrived. Guess I can stay after all! Only 9 short weeks left though...Can't believe it!

This weekend will feature a trip to...AMSTERDAM. We're going with another couple who we've befriended over the past few weeks, and on Friday night I get to meet THIS girl who is there on a spring break study trip with her school!

She is one of my oldest friends, my February-birthday twin, my Psychology buddy, and was my co-captain on the rowing team in high school. 


I love her and can't wait to meet up! Now we only see each other a few times a year with our mutual crazy college and work and travel schedules, so it's really great to get to see each other in such a special place.

The guy in the reflection of that first picture is her ~beau~ - he will be in Amsterdam too. I'm excited for Alex to meet him!

She flies back home on Saturday so we're going to catch her on Friday night and then spend the rest of the weekend with our two MUDEC friends. We're planning to see the Anne Frank House, do some bike riding, and see the van Gogh museum. 

The next couple of weeks are going to be crazy - we're in the heat of midterms which are pretty intense around here...the teachers are (almost) all European so rather than a few small exams every few weeks,  there are BIG TESTS twice a semester and that's it. I'm also awaiting my parents' arrival...just a little over a week until I'm going back to Paris to meet them.

I sure hope the Ohio weather is going to be improving a bit soon...it's seemed a little crazy from what I've heard. I miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment