Thursday, March 13, 2014

Favorite Things Friday!

It's time for another FTF! The weeks are just flying by. Like I said earlier this week, we are entrenched in midterms right now, which has been an extra challenge considering the (very alluring) great weather we've been having (luckily the weather is supposed to get bad again next week?). Here are some of my favorite things this week!

1.  GETTING MAIL! I adore receiving mail, and have always been big into letters, so it was great to get TWO letters this week! It makes me feel so good to get a note from a friend and that people had taken the time to write out letters to me :) Getting mail is an extra-special thing in this age of instant-messaging and email. Made my week when I got called to the mail room :)

2. Broccoli! And soup. Broccoli is the best. This week I've been eating it plain, chopping it up in salad, and stirring it into my soup with other veggies. Broccoli is filled with iron and calcium, which are both things I need because I don't eat much meat or dairy. It's also a great source of fiber and those Omega-3s that everyone's always talking about. YUM.

3. Train rides as the sun is going down. Our trips home this week have coincided with the sunset and I love watching the glowing sun as we're traveling home! The 3-hour (total) commute each day doesn't seem so bad when you can look out your window and see sheep grazing or kids walking home with their parents. It's much better getting home when it's still light out!

4. Being able to have bare legs! Yikes, my legs have hardly seen the light of day for MONTHS! (They are still this pale in the middle of August though...I don't really get tan!). Yesterday I loved getting out my favorite pink skirt and going to class with bare legs in the 60-something degree weather. 

Off to get ready for Amsterdam! We head out around noon and will get there at dinner time. Have good weekends, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment