Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The foods of Katie.

I was going through my backpack to unpack the last from our trip to England and Scotland, and found this in the bottom of my backpack!
Yum! That's my drinking fudge packet from "Fudge Kitchen." We found one of these speciality fudge shops both in Windsor and Bath! They make the fudge right in front of you and it's very good. I decided to get a little packet of drinking fudge (to be mixed with hot milk to create a steaming, thick, chocolatey drink) because it was small and is something I can bring back home to the US (or have handy here in case I have a really really bad day that only chocolate can cure). 

I found a lot of pictures of beautiful salads on my computer and decided I had to share some of them with you. I always have at least one salad a day, and love finding new veggies or protein to pack into them. I adore salads and love that you can make them into anything you want. 

Broccoli, cranberry, and mixed greens (apple on bottom for a little extra sweet!).

This is one I made at the Chateau. Mixed greens with an egg, crispy bell peppers, tiny pickles, and corn on the side!

Alex and I have also both been on a granola kick lately. We found a few different brands and flavors that we both like. This is the one I'm currently working on. Delicious clusters with almonds and honey! I have actually been eating this with my almond/hazelnut rice milk but it's great plain too. 

Other than salads and granola, there's a lot of reading going on in my life! I'm taking a class on Hitler and this is one of our 3 books...
It's about 800 pages. I'll be catching up/preparing for the midterm during our long train trip to Zurich this weekend!

Also: No more accidents on my runs this week! Phew! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment