Monday, March 31, 2014

The Grand Finale of Interlaken :)

We decided to finish up our time in Interlaken with a bang... yep - we went hang gliding! This was top-secret information until we had already done it so we could report back in one piece :) 

I didn't think about it too much beforehand, so I wasn't nervous until the moment before jumping. I think the fact that I didn't think about it too much helped me not to be nervous.

Airsport in Interlaken is a common phenomenon. All day, wherever you are, it's quite common to see people dropping out of the sky - mostly paragliders. This beautiful place is something that you've got to experience from all angles.
Once I got going with Bernie, I realized that there was nothing to be nervous about at all! You literally just glide along like a bird. If you're a rush-seeker, this probably isn't for you because it isn't much more frightening than riding in an airplane (which was fine with me). The view, however, is incredible from up there. We saw the lakes and the mountains from an entirely new angle and it was amazing.
Hang gliding makes me happy!
Money well-spent on this activity. What a weekend of firsts for me!

We headed back right afterwards - a long journey but we were home by 8PM, and it was still light out! Europe has sprung forward so we're back to 6 hours ahead of the States. I think spring is finally starting to emerge over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment