Saturday, April 27, 2013

Last Freshman Saturday

I just realized that today is my last Saturday as a freshman in college! I can hardly believe it! This is the first photograph I took on our beautiful campus in August!



I pumped out TWENTY miles on the spin-bike in the gym today and by 70 minutes, I definitely felt it! It took me 90 minutes to finish though. I don't know if it's time to invest in some seat padding or what! I think that if I do a longer bike race in the summer I'll definitely need to do something about that.

After spinning, I thought I deserved a tiny but delicious bit of ice cream to re-energize before I start working on all of my studying for the impending finals week. I found this adorable treat in the mini-mart:


I'm really searching for more ways to push myself physically this summer (as is probably clear from my sudden interest in half-marathons, bike races, and triathlons). I even tried to find some half-ironman triathlons that were nearby-ish and a good date (but I couldn't find any, and I probably wouldn't be ready this summer). I think I have the goal of completing an ironman before the end of college. There's a perfect one in July every year in Lake Placid, and also an August one every year somewhere in Michigan. I think that to prepare for this I would have to take a semester off of my beloved rowing. I think it would be worth it though! I love seeing what my body is capable of and how strong I can really be. I think that psychologically it must come down to some obsession I have with proving something to myself, but I don't think it's really a problem! Being active, strong, and healthy is what I love. Sports have taught me SO MUCH about myself and brought me so close to many amazing people. Sports also are what constantly boost my confidence and make me happy every day. Sometimes, they're the only reason I can get up in the morning (or they're the reason I have to get up)! I also like to use my strength and passion for rowing to inspire other people and suck other people into it. Same for running, although I definitely think that's something that I have a lot more to learn about. 

Anyways, tomorrow's the 5k Run for Newtown...hoping for positive results with the foot!

No comments:

Post a Comment