Sunday, April 28, 2013

Race Recap: Run for Newtown!!!

I did it! I completed run for Newtown and did not have to DNF due to my foot. I pushed it the whole way! I can tell I could push harder but my legs were so shot from the 20 miles on the bike yesterday...I think this is promising though for future 5ks. Here's a photo of my buddies and me. They make me look so tall!


The race went really well. My foot was a little sore but barely noticeable. This course was amazingly hilly though, with a hill right at the end approaching the finish! It was definitely an intense race for me... I pulled ahead and maintained my spot as the second girl for most of the way, and about half-way through I passed her! I was ahead of her until the last .3 of a mile or so and she just booked it past me going up a hill. It made me really mad. I made myself feel better by passing an old guy who had tried to pass me in the beginning.

As you can see, it wasn't really a 5k; it was more like 4 miles. I finished 8th overall and was the second girl. I hurried back to campus to eat pancakes and drink chocolate milk. I won this fancy gift card to Skyline:


I've never been there but maybe now I have to go since I won this, after all!

Tomorrow's my follow-up appointment with my sports medicine doctor...I'm hoping he has good things to tell me about my foot! Judging by how it feels, it should be good news.



No comments:

Post a Comment