Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!


As I get older, I realize more and more how competitive I am... even when it comes to things that aren't sports. Last Friday was our Crew Team Banquet, which we have at the end of every year. At the end of dinner, we were having an auction to fundraise for the team by selling off a broken oar. I hadn't planned on actually bidding, but mentioned to my adorable future housemates that it would be cool to have the oar in our apartment (if we end up living together). To my surprise, they agreed VERY enthusiastically and said that I should bid for the oar and that we'd split the cost four ways. We decided to cap it out at $200 total. So, the bidding started and I stayed in my seat in the corner quietly. The price rose quickly from 50 to 75...to 100 and it was going up by single dollars at a time. So finally, in a rather shaky voice, I yelled "130!!!" and the whole room turned to see who was squeaking back there! Everyone was shocked! I kept raising the price by at least $10, and finally it hit 200. I looked at my future roomies...sadly. But then: "Keep going!!!" they yelled, much to my surprise. "$210!!!" I bellowed. With that, the oar became ours. Victory!! My new favorite thing is auctions. Apparently I'm a natural at it. Here's a picture of my prized possession: 

It will be interesting getting this thing home in the car when I move out this weekend!

In other news, I went running this morning. Pumped out almost five miles and my foot seems to be back to normal! It's a beautiful day, I took some snapshots of the pretty morning. Here's what it looked like right before my run:

Foggy and scary...

By the time of my run 30 minutes later, it cleared up!


Good weather=good day in my opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment