Friday, May 3, 2013

12 Miles and Happy Feet!

This morning I ran a pretty excruciating 12 miles! After not much running for a couple weeks, this certainly was an awakening! I actually ran the 12 at what I had hoped would be my HM pace, so Alex thinks I can probably pick it up for the actual race. I was pretty beat after this 12 though... someone told me a looked like I had been run over by a bus! I felt like it too! Otherwise I think it went well. I took my Gatorade Chews without much of a problem, and my only real complaint was some chafing from one of my socks. Needless to say I will wear a different pair on race day!

Since today is my last full day on campus, I'm glad that I got to run around the city that I have been living in for 8 months! Mostly I stay on the perimeter of campus and do loops for my runs, but on this beautiful morning I got to branch out further. I did a seven-mile loop around the university's airport (where "Redhawk 1" lives, though I didn't see it) and did five more miles on campus. The country was BEAUTIFUL. I took pictures :









What is this, North By Northwest?? I half-expected a giant scary plane to come swooping down at me! Plus I was right by an airfield!





I've noticed that after my mileage this spring, my feet are experiencing a lot of wear-and-tear...inside and out. So I thought that it would be appropriate for my feet to be dressed in style and school-spirit today! Especially since I'm leaving tomorrow.


Clearly I couldn't decide which pair was better...so I'm getting the best of both worlds today!

No comments:

Post a Comment