Thursday, May 2, 2013

Post-Season Projects.

A friend on the rowing team asked me to help her with a new project: painting the bay doors! The weather is beautiful this week and I needed a break from studying, so naturally I said yes! Check out my handiwork!
The faded neutral color on top was the original color (and is still the color of the rest of the boathouse).
We're going to put our school logo on each bay too. More pics when we finish!

The beautiful view from our boathouse!

Today I did a short but speedy run as prep for my long run tomorrow. Allergies are the worst. Every time a step outside I get attacked by pollen! 
Tomorrow's long-run will be my "13.1 Simulation Run." It will be my longest run before the half-marathon and I plan to wear what I want to wear for the half-marathon, bring my iPod, and also the "fuel" that I am considering using. I don't really want to get sticky with Gatorade during the run, and if it's hot I really think I'll need some electrolytes in addition to water during the race. So I'm planning on using THESE Gatorade Energy Chews. Tomorrow I'll see what happens if I pack them up and bring them with me; how hard are they to eat, will it make me crazy having them stuck in my waist-band, etc. Hopefully it all goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment