Thursday, May 9, 2013

PBL, Boat Bag, Hot Yoga, and a JOB!

I just donated 8 inches of hair to Pantene Beautiful Lengths! This has been on my bucket list and I've wanted to do this for a looooong time...and then I made the appointment this week and started chickening out. I enlisted people to talk be back into it and I'm so glad I did! Not only will I be donating towards a wig, but I also like the new 'do. I've gotten only good feedback so far...except for the one person who's opinion matters most (Alex). I like it though!

This smashing Beans boat bag came in the mail for me today. I LOVE it! I got a medium-sized one with long straps. Should be perfect for my school books and laptop. I wanted a nice shoulder bag that I could used for crew, school, and errands. This works for all of the above! It has a zipper, too!

This morning I started off my day with 90 sweaty minutes of hot yoga. The room was 112 degrees today. Ouch. I don't have any pictures from that because I looked not-so-good....... I did want to write about it though because despite the discomfort, hot yoga is one of my FAVORITE activities. I love that it's the same every class, and that there's even a script that each instructor uses so you literally hear the same thing pretty much word-for-word every class. I've done a lot of these classes, and I think I might invest in the 10-class pass to save some money this summer because I know I'll use it a lot. Hot yoga is the most cleansing, disciplined, and mentally/physically challenging things I've participated in (mostly because you have to have enough self-control not to run out of the room!). I think I get a lot out of it and it helps my muscles. I always feel very cleansed not only after the class, but also during. I am one of those strange people in the world that LOVES to sweat. I think it's a great feeling. It's important, however, to be sure to hydrate before and after class! Hydration is happiness, or you literally might throw up or pass out in the class (embarrassing). 

Also, I got a job today! I won't elaborate on that too much yet, but it's a selective one that I was vying for. It will be very time-consuming but I will be able to make money and that's my goal! Also, I get to start coxing novice adults next week--can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment