Sunday, August 31, 2014

Weekend Randoms.

I'm pleased to announce that yesterday I successfully ran a mile after ellipticizing. No pain before, during, or after. Today it's time to try a real run :) I will be using a treadmill today because the hip inflammation was likely caused in part by running on hilly surfaces, among several other things! Just wanted to share that exciting news with you.

In other news, I got a baby watermelon at the supermarket. I was too daunted by the normal-sized ones, but I was a little worried that the baby one wouldn't taste normal! Luckily I was wrong!


Yesterday we had some important business in the city, so we made a day trip out there. 


I went to Jungle Jim's for the first time... It was AMAZING. It was just like going back into a grocery store in Luxembourg :)

They had "grumpaccinos..." Apparently this is a fantastic marketing tactic because I normally would never buy bottled coffee but as soon as I saw Grumpy Cat's face on there, I had to have it. It was a need, not a want.

Today we are going to hang out with 2 of our awesome friends from Europe. One of them just had a birthday so I picked these up at Jungle Jim's for him, since we ate many of these at one point during the semester. Remember these from the UK??


When we got home, we visited our friend at their HOUSE. Yes, house. We are getting old.

This is what I saw when I went on weather.com this morning. Apparently all of the places I've lived have something in common...

Happy Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment