Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Foods you should be eating and an excavation of my room.

Be sure to check out this article if you are a Trader Joe's fan! I've tried most of these products - and yes, they are as amazing as this funny article claims!

But don't eat their stone fruits (peaches, papaya, mango, etc) for awhile because there has been a recall on those fruits from Costco, Walmart, and Trader Joe's!

And just one more article... it's called 10 Essential Foods for Runners but it should be called "10 Essential Foods for People" because these are really great foods for everyone to have! I eat a good deal of these but my favorite is cherries... I especially like their description for that one :)

Today I didn't have much going on with work so I slept in until 7:30 (I know, I'm a wild child), got up and worked on some email, and then headed out for my easy 7-mile run. Felt pretty tired during the whole thing - I did a tough 20-mile bike ride with my dad last night! And I'm still recovery from my 12-miler two days ago. I feel pretty good (other than just tired) and am glad that I decided to be all kumbaya about my training schedule last week. I'm about ready for my mileage cutdown week - which will be in a week or two.

It was, however, really hot. At one point, I saw a sprinkler across an intersection from me...sort of like a beacon of hope glowing over the heat-wave-ridden road. The 0.2 mile journey over to the sprinkler felt like it took years, and once I got there I shamelessly stood in it... totally uncaring to whether the homeowners (or passing cars) were watching/thinking I was crazy. I made my way onwards after about 2 minutes of sprinkler glory.

Came home and made a scramble with eggwhites and veggies

The rest of the day was spent doing a complete excavation of my room and my stuff. When I returned from Europe, I felt really overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I have. Not only is European culture more minimalistic then ours, but I also had just been used to living out of a suitcase. So, I've decided I need to really pair down the "memorabilia" that I've allowed to accumulate. Eventually - and sooner rather than later - I know that I'll be moving into a permanent residence of my own, and I don't want to a) bring it all with me or b) weigh my parents down with all of my, well, crap. I'm talking brochures that are meaningless to me, random movie theatre stubs, rapid tickets (why, oh why do I have these?), old magazine articles, hundreds of race bibs (running and rowing) and journals that have no value to me. So... that's what I'm working on today. It takes a long time, because value or no, each item takes a long time to part with.

Found these in my winter coat pocket (this is actually something I want to keep for scrapbooking!)

Starting to read this amazing book. I just watched the movie for the second time last week and finally decided it was time to get reading!
It's already so good!

Today ended up being the hottest it's been in awhile so the sister and I had no choice but to go get ice cream from Ben and Jerry's. 

Half-baked :)
Stay cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment