Thursday, July 10, 2014

Walnut Weds.

All week has been easy running/cross-training... until today! Today was marathon workout #2 and it was HARD. 1 mile warm-up + 6 miles at marathon pace + 1 mile cool-down. Average 7:48 pace per mile for the middle 6. 

Phew, thank goodness I have Ryan Gosling to remember the important stuff on days like this


Hard to believe my "long run" less than two weeks ago was the same distance as my "workout run" this week! I did some basement rowing and went on a bike ride yesterday (training for the Pelaton + marathon training at the same time is tricky) and this morning when I started my run I felt like my legs had been run over by at least one semi and trampled by a heard of antelope. But once I got into it I felt much better.

Other than an emergency meeting today at noon, work is kind of laid back for the day and I'll be doing most of it from home, so I'm making sure to do lots of important recovery activities as suggest in my training guide. I stretched out, took an ice bath, re-hydrated, will be doing more stretching, and may take an Epsom salt bath. Not sure how effective those are but I am willing to try anything to avoid getting injured. 

Enjoyed my typical overnight oats + lots of strawberries after my run.
--------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I met my parents for Walnut Wednesday downtown. I've enjoyed special summer Wednesdays downtown for years thanks to this tradition - each week TONS of food trucks emerge on Walnut Street and everyone eats outside in the park. Yesterday was a beautiful day and the 3 of us enjoyed basking in the sun for awhile before getting back to work. My mom and I thought it was funny to see older businessmen all dressed up in suits coming out and ordering ice cream cones from one of the desert food trucks. 

Slider was also there repping the Indians, and I almost died when I saw him petting/playing with this cute little puppy! I would think most dogs would fear a giant purple fluffy thing but this puppy loved him.

Time to get onto my work so I can enjoy some recovery this afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment