Thursday, July 31, 2014

Monthly miles and granola.

I ran 154.5 miles in the month of July... yippee!
This afternoon I made GRANOLA. I'm very picky about homemade granola because I often feel that it's too bland or doesn't have enough crunch. 

I have experimented with a few recipes and ultimately ended up making my own with ideas from several different ones. Here's what I used :

-2 cups rolled oats
-1 packet of Quaker cinnamon instant oatmeal
-1/2 cup of white quinoa
-1 cup of muesli (with dried apple and mixed raisins)
-1 cup of slivered almonds
-About 1 cup of finely shredded coconut
-1 handful (or more) of dried cranberries
-1 cup of coarsely chopped apricots
-1/3 cup honey
-2 tbsp. olive oil
-2 egg whites

Preheat the oven to 325*F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix all of the ingredients together with a wooden spoon, until just combined. If you feel the mixture needs to be stickier or sweeter, feel free to add more honey! I'm not big into measuring cups or spoons and am much more of a "fistfuls of everything" type of girl. Spread the mixture out evenly on the cookie sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes. Be sure to stir it every 5-10 minutes so it doesn't get too well-done on one side!

Then, enjoy! (But don't burn your tongue like I did!)



No comments:

Post a Comment