Thursday, October 24, 2013

BQ!!! and rowing video of the week.

This post is extremely late… but ALEX QUALIFIED FOR BOSTON!!! With a 3:00:50 marathon at the Columbus Marathon on Sunday, Alex secured his spot at the 2015 Boston Marathon. When I saw the results (you'd better believe I was continuously hitting refresh on my computer to see when he came in) I teared up and jumped around my room joyously. After a long journey towards this goal, he's finally made it!

As a 3-hour marathoner he ran most of the race right with the fastest pace-group!

Lots of happiness will go on for days… I can't imagine ever accomplishing a challenge quite like that! 

On that note, NYC Running Mama shared this in a post the other day…

If this is true, Alex must have one tough mind!

---------------------------------------------------
In other less exciting news, yesterday was my first run since my half-marathon. I had been meaning to run over the weekend - usually I take a week off and then start easy runs again but the weekend got busy and I had exams and rowing things (i.e. 5k tests at practice - yuck) so I wasn't too worried about pushing my first run back. Yesterday I went out for a 32-minute easy run in the now-freezing weather! Suddenly I had to wear long pants, a technical shirt, and running jacket just to bear the chilliness outside! This is good running weather though - can't complain! 

I came back and enjoyed a scalding shower and some hot-chocolate…


On my first runs following a race I like to take it super slow (Garmin-free) and assess my body - how do I feel? Yesterday I felt…achey. After a good stretch I felt better but this morning I woke up with a really tight hip on my "bad" side (the side that had a really nasty IT-Band injury last fall, which took months of rehab to finally kick to the curb). I'm going to stretch it out and then try to run some more today - taking it easy again. I'd been hoping to get in my 7-mile route today but I think that one will have to wait for when my body feels slightly less questionable!

Rowing video of the week!




No comments:

Post a Comment