Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday!

Another week has flown by...I'm always half-way through the semester here! Soon I'll be halfway through undergrad which is frightening!

Not much rowing happened this week, we had both our 6AMs cancelled (today was cancelled due to fog) and so we only got 2 days on the water this week. Next week we'll only get three (though I'll get 2 due to my silly class!). 
Ltwt V-4 at Cuyahoga

Since I'm tapering and my legs felt dead-tired on Wednesday, I've been ellipticizing at the Rec! That's what I did Tuesday, yesterday, and today. Tomorrow I'll do a longer swim. Sunday off. Monday row. Tuesday will be off. Wednesday row. Thursday maybe ellipticize or 2-3 mile easy run. Friday off. Saturday off. Sunday race. (<< Sorry for the impromptu schedule - I felt like I needed to organize my agenda!). 
(part of) The Rec

I'm thinking more and more about that half-Ironman in August... what a crazy ambition, but I think I can do it! This week NYC Running Mama posted a "So You Want to Do An Ironman?" post on her blog and I definitely found it helpful for a half-event as well. I feel so in-the-dark about Ironman triathlons...I feel like they're a completely different ball game. NYC Running Mama wrote about course-selection, training, time-committment, and nutrition, but her most important tip was having faith that you could complete the event.  


...and just because, let's end with a beautiful unedited Oxford sunset :)




No comments:

Post a Comment