Sunday, October 27, 2013

Formal and 5k!

Honors Formal went so well! We got tons of pictures to commemorate the evening and with over 200 guests I would call the night a success. It's something that I hope to work on in future years here - hopefully this was just the beginning!

My co-leaders and me, and the HSAB president to the right of me!

Our warm decor (I picked the color burgundy :)

 



Mustache friends

The evening was a huge success and so much fun. Totally worth all of the work (and inevitable stress) that went into it.

As I wrote last week, I had been thinking of doing a 5k today - but had pretty much scrapped the idea when I decided my IT-band was still unhappy from my half-marathon. This morning a bunch of people asked me if I was doing it so I threw down and did it anyways - didn't want to miss out on the fun! Ran my 2nd (or maybe 3rd - the distance was questionable) fastest 5k time and felt pretty rotten because I had just inhaled some cereal (since I didn't plan on doing it). It ended up being a great time - and hey I got a t-shirt to add to the collection! The cause was also a great one: providing books for children. 

My pink friend and I took first and second place women!

Planning on concluding this awesome action-packed weekend with Safe Trick-Or-Treat for local children tonight. We're decorating our dorms to get ready for them! Regatta pics still to come :)







No comments:

Post a Comment