Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fall (encore)!

It's that time again...

The tree outside my window is also reminding me of Fall...

...and so is the Juggling Club, who handed me a caramel apple on my way home yesterday...

Other than Fall stuff, not much has been going on for the last couple of days except for the same old busy schedule! This morning's 6AM row was cancelled when one teammate (who lives 40min away) accidentally overslept. Bless her for getting up at 4:45AM every Wednesday to drive out and practice with us before classes... I didn't mind the extra 3 hours of sleep that I got at all! We'll take another shot at the 6AM on Friday. Hopefully the weather bears with us. So far our October weather has consisted of mostly sun and temps in the 80s.

Yesterday (Tuesday) was the day of the week that I do not row due to a class conflict. Normally I've been running on Tuesdays as prep for my Half, but yesterday I just ellipticized instead. I love the ellipticals here... I really enjoy being inside (not too hot or cold) and being able to watch Netflix on my tiny cracked iPod screen. This is mentally much more relaxing than running, so it's a nice break. Of course, too much of this inside/machine nonsense and I'd be begging to be back on the roads again! It's just nice to switch things up.

Today I tried a sloowwww easy run, since I'm tapering. This is the first run since Saturday when I had my craptastic long run. My legs were NOT ready. I really want them to be rested for the 13th so I'm going to stick to my nice easy days of just rowing or ellipticizing or possibly swimming - not multiple in one day like usual and nothing too strenuous. From now on, just relaxing and stretching! Judging by my runs over the summer and many of the ones here, I could have a really huge PR in the half-marathon IF I do it right. I'm still not sure if I've maintained my speed from the summer or if I'll be rested properly by then, but I'm definitely going to try.
--------------------------------------------------------
For once, something non-athletic! One way or another, I've found myself in charge of creating an Honors Program Formal for my university. I don't know quite how I landed this job, but it's a big one. I'm talking on a magnitude scale of a very formal, classy high school Homecoming dance for anywhere from 50-200 guests. I'm not even 20 and I've had to find ways of funding, booking, and most importantly decorating this event - I feel like it's a big job and I'm getting overwhelmed! Luckily there are teammates that are better at numbers than me who are now working on the funding, but now I have to shop for and plan out the entire event! I'm actually really excited about this and I think it will be amazing in the end. It's something that I can look forward to concentrating on after my Half-Marathon (I'm one of those people who always has to be concentrating on something, whether it be a race or a formal!). Of course, I'll also be moving onto my Turkey swim, which I've been severely lacking at recently. This fall has so many good things but I feel like it's just going by way too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment