Sunday, June 8, 2014

Hip hip hooray - a day off :)

Today is SUNDAY! My day off :) I've been working Tuesday through Saturday for the last few weeks, and this coming week we're switching to a normal Monday-Friday schedule so this weekend, I  have just Sunday off. Man, I needed a break after this crazy week!

I really stuck to my plan of "no sweets during the week" for the past few days... and it really did make me feel better! Helped me feel a little more energized and getting sustenance from healthy snacks definitely made a bigger difference in how I felt. Don't get me wrong - I was still glad when it was time to eat desert again on the weekend!
Couldn't ignore National Donut Day, of course!

Friday was a good 5-mile run after work - skipped the 8-minute abs and 8-minute arms though because I was EXHAUSTED and getting up early again on Saturday. It was more important to get some sleep. 

Right after work on Friday, I drove straight to babysitting. I was there until 11PM (past my bedtime!). I had to keep an eye on 4 kiddos but they are pretty independent so mostly I just hung out with their dog.

Nibbled on some of my chocolate that I brought back from Luxembourg (yes it's really from there - not sure why the label is in English!). 

Later found the dog like this...

Went straight to bed when I got home yesterday, and got up early today to go to church for my sister's Senior Recognition. Can't believe she'll be joining me at Miami in the fall... time flies!
Did another 5-mile run today and spotted THIS snapping turtle! I actually saw three snapping turtles on my run... it was crazy!

Did 8-minute abs and 8-minute arms (the usual!) and had the best ice cream sandwich ever from Trader Joe's afterwards...
Of course I still have to eat some stuff with nutritional value so I cooked this up really quickly too - lettuce, frozen mixed veggies and an egg (normally I would have more than one egg but I had eggs for breakfast too so one was enough for me!). 
Headed to bed soon so I can get up early again tomorrow and tackle the day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Had that same obsession about getting back to Europe after my return from Lux semester.

    Love the hand-me-down running clothing.

    ReplyDelete