Friday, June 20, 2014

I think they want to see me again.

Today I started and finished a run before 8AM... the only time it's cool enough to be outside these days! I took Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday completely off of running. I could tell my body is tired - maybe residual tiredness from Europe, maybe the change in weather and climate, maybe I started doing too many miles too fast. And I'm definitely not getting enough sleep (what else is new?). 

Anyways, the plan is to do another small run tomorrow, cross-train on Saturday, and then RACE on Sunday! I've done The Most Excellent Race twice in the last four years. One year I did it with my mom, one year I did it with friends, and last year I had to skip it because I had just done a half-marathon. Since marathon training doesn't start until Tuesday (and is very light for the first week) I take that as my cue to do the 5k.

Plus they keep sending me mail... So I think they'd like to see me (or my donation...) again.
In other news, it's been forecasted to STORM all week but we've had great weather. On Tuesday night, went to see Maleficent. Not a huge Angelina fan but I love Disney fairytales and thought the plot line was pretty clever. Yesterday, the lack of storminess allowed us to get Food Truck Lunch, which I love! 
And after lunch I had a bunch of phone calls to make. There wasn't enough space/quiet for everyone to do this in our office so I headed to a Starbucks where I sat outside and made the calls. It's not easy for me to "work from home," I get too distracted! So I splurged on a coffee (light Cinnamon frappucino was good :) and was majorly productive. 

Afterwards I had a short break and then headed off to do some nannying, which is becoming the new norm for my evenings! I love it - kids keep me busy!

Otherwise I have been doing a lot of recipe-searching (so excited for my new apartment and KITCHEN this fall :) and a whole lot of Regatta Chair stuff. Hoping to help make this fall season excellent for the team! Europe prepared me well for logistical detail-planning such as hotel booking,  putting in race bids (on time!),  and figuring out travel plans for the team. So, lots going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment