Friday, June 13, 2014

Recap on this busy week!

This week flew by before I could make any posts! I worked four long days and attended the sister's high school graduation last night... Now I'm enjoying a nice 3-day weekend after 3 very intense weeks of work. 

I've been waking up at 6AM to get going for work, running when I come home, eating dinner, showering, and getting promptly in bed. The cycle just repeats and repeats! 

Let's fill each other in on our weeks...

Earlier this week I headed to Whole Foods with my mom, where I made my own Almond Butter. This was my first time tasting the stuff, and I really enjoy it! But I say if you are going to eat organic, non-processed nut-butter, stick with the (much, much) cheaper peanut butter. 

Loved the flowers that were out at Whole Foods...
Last night when we were downtown for graduation, I had the first opportunity to checkout the World's Largest (or second largest? I'm not sure now...) outdoor chandelier. It looked nice when it got dark out, but I'm still not sure why this happened... and I also think it's location is kind of random even though it's in front of the Playhouse...
Can't believe we are both done with high school now...
We went to one of my personal favorite restaurants for dinner with our whole family (and the grandparents and one of our aunts). The restaurant is called Cowell & Hubbard and the owner is Zach Bruell, who graduated from Shaker Heights High School as well! We went there after my graduation and my mom spotted him cooking in the kitchen! He signed my Commencement program and I gushed over him - he is very active on the Food Network and has several other great restaurants in this area. It was great to return to that restaurant 2 years later!

Desert was amazing... flourless chocolate cake and truffles...


When I got home I saw that my new sweater that I bought on sale from J. Crew Factory had arrived... nice and light and summery. 
-----------------------------------
I knew exactly what I wanted to do with my day off... Running in the Metro Parks and Trader Joe's (of course). I headed out and did 6 miles without music, just listening to the sounds in nature (bull frog, lots of birds, etc). The soft dirt felt great on my joints after a few weeks of running on the unforgiving pavement!

Then, the fun place. 
Got lots of baking coming up for Father's Day weekend... keep an eye out for the recipes! I'll put them up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment