Tuesday, September 10, 2013

10-mile Tuesday!

2 runners
10 miles
5 cornfields that we spotted
4 sprinklers we ran through
3 super giant hills
4 Gatorade chews that I ate
9837409 times I wanted real Gatorade
2 blisters
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 miles: Check! This morning I hit up the country roads with my running Friend and we did 10 slow-paced miles all before the time I would normally wake up. It was "only" 80 degrees by the time we got back (I say only because it's supposed to be 94 later today...).

Yesterday I found this. I like it. 

I don't know if I necessarily consider myself a distance runner yet; I don't marathon. I'm not sure if I ever will. But I think that the above image is applicable to any endurance athlete, and probably anyone who's ever consistently done a sport. You can change "I'm a distance runner" with "I'm a ________." Once you have that mentality of enduring, it never goes away. Maybe it was always there to begin with. 

These were my bffs this morning (don't worry I didn't drink all that choc milk today!!!)

I couldn't decide between the light or dark blue Gatorades so I just tried half of both. I'm more of a dark blue person though.

Somehow I keep forgetting (probably for my own benefit!) that I have two 6AM practices scheduled this week. Official practice wasn't supposed to start until next week but now we're doing a couple extra days which I'm fine with. I'm not fine with waking up at 5:30AM twice in a row though. I don't usually end up minding it as much as I expect but it's still not my favorite thing in the world. I definitely prefer to practice first thing though. I'm so excited to get on the water with my new boat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment