Monday, September 9, 2013

Funny sightings, still swimming, and long run plans.

Happy Monday! I hope everyone's week has been off to a good start. My Monday was nuts with a day packed with classes in a straight block from 10-4, 2 quizzes, time working in my Psychology lab from 4-4:45, rigging my boat for the season from 5:15-6:30, crew Novice info session from 7-7:30 and swimming from 8-8:30!

Since my last post, I found out what boat I'll be in this season. I'd been waiting since my tryouts last week. Get ready for it...drumroll....it'll be...the LIGHTWEIGHT FOUR! This will be my first time rowing in a lightweight four since high school and it's my favorite category (though I like fours in general). This is definitely the best suited category for me, because I'm very tiny. I didn't know how much that could matter until last year, particularly last fall, when I was up against some really strong, tough, giant women. I'm very excited for this season, and my boat has some great girls in it!

As a side note, check out this man perched on top of the Psychology building at 8:45AM! He's that little black spec by the top of the crane. For some reason I found his presence there highly amusing.


In other news, I can cook froached eggs in my dorm's kitchen. We have a toaster too. Here are the results (I'm such a good food photographer!):


I like eggs for lunch and I'm sticking to my normal Trader Joe's granola+Cheerios with a Menchie's spoon for breakfast that I was so fond of at home. Too bad I have to import TJ's though :(


--------------------------------------------------

So, my swim to Turkey is coming along. Today I did 1000 meters, but yesterday I did 2000. After I finished, I realized that was 1.2 miles (the distance for the swim in the half-ironman). It took me longer than I'm willing to admit. 

Tomorrow I'll be waking up early and doing my 10-mile route (most of which is in this 12-mile course I did in the spring) with my Friend who will be doing my next half-marathon with me. I'm super excited...but not for the waking up early part. Now it's time for me to double-check the course map so we don't get lost and head to bed!




No comments:

Post a Comment