Friday, September 27, 2013

Rowing is passion.

My silly team.

Yesterday someone posted this "rowing is passion" video on our team Facebook group. I really like the beginning of the video, it uses some of the same "motivational" music from the motivational triathlon video I shared a few months (?) ago. I'm glad my teammate shared this because it made me remember things that I love about this sport.


Yesterday our practice was 30 strokes on, 10 strokes off x10. It was way harder than I expected but I love interval work like this with rowing. I was really glad to do something like this, it keeps it less boring. I also did a 30-minute run. I'm taking today off because I'm going to run a lot of miles tomorrow with Running Friend, anywhere between 10 and 14 miles I think. She runs a little slower than me so I might do the 10 with her and then tack on some miles at the end at a bit of a faster pace. That will be "it" until I run my half-marathon. I definitely like I've tired out and regressed since summer...during the last few weeks before moving back to school I had some really strong runs and when I had to cut back from 5+ days a week from running to 3-4 I think it suffered.

I'm also worrying about my swimming goals. With my new practice schedule there's just no way I can get to the pool. Now I have some time this weekend that I could spend in the pool but I find myself feeling...unmotivated. I hate going and swimming alone! Hopefully get at least 1-2 good swims in during the next 3 days though.

Have a good weekend, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment