Sunday, September 1, 2013

Kayaking, cookie place, and froyo.

After my last update (it seems like maybe my blogging habits are getting to be every-other-day pretty consistently...it's hard to sit down and put together a post every single day now that I'm a little busier!) on Friday night, Alex and I headed to Hillel for services and then afterwards we wandered over to Oxford's new cookie place, "Baked Sweets." As usual, he ordered an oatmeal raisin cookie, and I tried Double Chocolate.


Then yesterday (Saturday) morning, I went for a 4-5 mile run (not sure exactly how long?), which didn't feel great because it was still SUPER hot... It's been hard running here due to the heat but luckily the arrival of September seems to be bringing cooler temperatures this week. Post-running, I grabbed lunch with some friends and we headed to Indy for KAYAKING! I love kayaking and yesterday was the perfect day for it. It was pretty hot (about 90) but the river was icy cold and we jumped in a couple times. The place we went was casual and rustic, and we enjoyed our experience quite a bit!






Of course, by the end of our 8-mile (and 3.5 hour) trip, we were pretty exhausted and ready to be back on dry land. While we were very nearly to the end of the course, the sky blackened and thunder started rolling in. We jumped on the bus and got back to our car quickly, and were out of the water just in the nick of time...but we got drenched and frozen en route to the car park. 

The rest of the evening was spent drying off and catching up with my last-year Roommate. Later on, I learned that Alex had come down with a bad sinus-infection throughout the course of the day, and Roommate and I took care of him in the evening. Eventually we made a 10PM trip into town for a froyo outing... it's been so long since I've had froyo! This is my first time to Oxford's froyo place (Orange Leaf) and I loved it. My favorite flavor last night was Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.

I only had a tiny bit, but note the rationing of toppings: cookie dough, exploding berries, 1 Reese's cup, 1 gummy worm, 1 animal cracker. Had to try everything!

Today was a much more relaxed day. I took a day off from exercising, had a nice long brunch (yum, omelette Sunday!) with friends and got to know some more Scholar Leaders. Spent the afternoon in a bookstore with a Friend and then doing about 3-4 hours of math homework. Tonight began planning to make crêpes for the Scholar Leaders in the morning! Got ingredients and hope to make the most of our extra day off tomorrow!







No comments:

Post a Comment