Tuesday, November 12, 2013

First snow and under-dressed.

Last night was the first snowfall of the year. Not only did I anticipate this do to a constant stream of chatter regarding the weather forecast all day yesterday, but I also woke up at midnight to my floor mate yelling "IT'S SNOWING!" in the hallway.

A photo my friend snapped last night

My less-artsy findings early this morning

I bundled up Miss-Havisham-style and had hot coffee this morning to combat the cold…I'm still waiting on receiving my winter jacket from my parents (should be this weekend!).


It stayed pretty chilly all day, but was very sunny so that about 50% of the snow on campus melted. I had plans to run with the university's running club this afternoon, but it didn't work out and I ended up doing 6 solo miles. For once, I felt better BEFORE this run than after…usually running gets me out of a bad mood but this one just made me cold and miserable.

Me before the run (trying to fit my whole body in the frame).

Happy fairy princess-style

Rarely do I underdress for a run. Almost always, I actually over-dress. Yesterday for example…way too many layers. Today I could've done with a thick ear warmer and my running jacket, and probably warmer running tights too! I was so cold that it was actually uncomfortable to run. I had this realization when the sun started setting about 3 miles away from my dorm.

5 min after the run…a frozen gremlin.

Once again, hot chocolate to the rescue. 

Fudge brownie marshmallows are the best in hot chocolate.


Does anyone else think it tastes better by the spoonful than by the gulp?





No comments:

Post a Comment