Saturday, November 23, 2013

Running, flurries, and what to eat!

This week has carried on as usual. Since I ellipticized on Wednesday, I ran 5 miles on Thursday…my legs were still SO SORE from my Tuesday run. My mind was ready to go that fast for that long but my legs were a bit shocked. I took Friday off so I could rest…and spend more time working on our Murder Mystery party…which was last night and was a huge success!

Realized I was still wearing my pearl earrings during my Thursday run. A little fancier than I usually choose to dress for my runs but at least it matched the white theme?

I had an exam on Thursday morning and I wrote this note to myself to read when I woke up…sometimes I am my best motivator! 

I'm back on the refueling-with-chocolate-milk train.

Today was freezing though. I got in 3 miles before I threw in the towel and had to warm up.

Trying to get a picture of the flurries (it didn't work).

Came back and refueled with hot chocolate (and a biscotti from Alex).

--------------------------------------------------------
I found this article about what to eat and how long to eat it before a run. I do most of my runs at an "easy" pace, and find that when I am running easily I can eat basically anything before a run. I've eaten cold pizza, chocolate, apple, etc (not all at the same time) within minutes of heading out the door and have 0 stomach issues. However, if I'm doing a harder workout and am trying to keep a pace or do a progression run, I find that eating anything within the hour causes problems. I think that this article offers some good suggestions that are creative and also energy efficient. Will definitely have to try some of them while I'm home running over winter break!













No comments:

Post a Comment