Sunday, November 24, 2013

Turkey Day #1!

Thanksgiving is in the air, people! Today I had my first Turkey-day celebration with a bunch of other students from my community. Two of the boys cooked a whole turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberries, gravy, hot cider, and pumpkin pie! A huge undertaking, and they did a great job. I only ate mashed potatoes but everything looked wonderful.

My potatoes.

My friend's much better food picture of all there was to eat!

Before our traditional 4PM dinner-time, I went running. I pumped out 4 miles at my "goal pace." My legs are definitely still tired from Tuesday's run, but it wasn't too hard to hit my pace today. I have decided that I want to take the Turkey Trot semi-seriously and rest my legs before, so I may run tomorrow but will definitely cross-train on Tuesday and take Wednesday off. Tomorrow might even be a cross-training day!

It was 28 degrees when I ran…hot cocoa was a requirement when I got back.

Looks like I'm in for a white Thanksgiving when I return home!




No comments:

Post a Comment