Monday, November 4, 2013

I did it! and cold weather running.

First thing's first… I know I promised pictures of our Halloween costumes and talked a lot about how awesome it was going to be…but there was a bit of a wardrobe malfunction (actually a big time wardrobe malfunction) and we ended up going at a 1920s couple instead.


Yesterday morning (Sunday) I woke up pretty early and went on a run, completing my 30-mile week! To me it doesn't seem like it should be too difficult, but 30 miles a week is tough! I'm really proud of myself for doing that. I don't think I'm at a place with my running where doing 30 miles a week would be beneficial or too smart, but I just wanted to do it as a sort of challenge. In reality, my legs need a little bit more rest and cross-training. It was really fun to do it and enjoy the fall weather this week though.

When I headed out early on Sunday morning, it was beautiful but it was only 30 degrees! For the first time this fall, I headed out in my "cold weather running" gear, which included running tights, a light running jacket, technical turtleneck, gloves, and ear warmer. I was a little bit over dressed actually, but since I wasn't going for a longer run I just wanted to be comfortable for the majority of it - which was definitely cold. When I got back I was sweaty!
Looking ahead at this week I'm hoping to do a mix of running and swimming. Getting in the chilly pool is tougher than going out in the cold for a run…but once I get in the swing of it I usually am okay.

Have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment