Tuesday, November 19, 2013

WOAH AMAZING RUN.

Not sure if you could tell from the title, but I had an amazing run this afternoon. I went into it thinking to do about 7-8 miles, had a new playlist, and was hoping to do "speed work" during the fast songs (which would come randomly). However…after a few warm-up miles…I just kept getting faster! I didn't expect to hold it but suddenly I did and kept holding a sub-8 pace for 8.5 miles. This is significantly faster than I have ever run for that distance (miles 4, 5, and 6 even ended up being faster than my 5k PR - not counting the one on a mis-measured course).

During the run I felt unbelievable…the last 0.5 was really the only part that felt uncomfortably hard. Throughout the run - which took place in the middle of the country - I was singing to my new playlist at the top of my lungs. Hope no one heard my craziness…I was just so happy! I finished with the biggest high and my perspective completely changed on my day - and on my running abilities.

I haven't been too intense with my running lately so I'm not sure where this came from. Maybe it was these socks. 

or the magical playlist!

Now relaxing for 5 seconds with this book and some chocolate. Then back to studying.

WOO.





No comments:

Post a Comment