Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Coolest Caesar Salad and what the runners didn't see.

My mom had a big birthday this week, and last night we went to out dinner! If you know our family, you know that this is a very, very rare occurrence. We went to one of my mom's favorite restaurants and we all had wonderful meals. I started my dinner with a caesar salad (I love salad and try to have some once a day), but this was no ordinary caesar salad! Before the actually plate of lettuce, etc, came out, a plate with five spoons was brought to the table! Each spoon had an ingredient (capers, egg, salmon, onion, and bacon) and then the actual salad came out with cheese and dressing. Then I was able to add the ingredients that I wanted!!! What a cool way of serving a dish (and it was probably the yummiest caesar salad I've ever had).

After dinner, we declined desert because we had a big cake waiting at home, but the waiter brought out these tiny oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for us while we waited for the check! Adorable!


Ended the night with chocolate raspberry crunch cake. Yum.


On another note, I was scrolling through some more photos from this past weekend from my mom's camera, and found some interesting aspects of the marathon that the runners probably never really see. 

For example, have you ever seen so many bananas???

 


Or finisher's medals???


My mom also found some cool downtown Cleveland sights.

Rock and Roll!


...and steam ships!


I think it's cool that she found the inner-workings of a giant marathon and got to watch the set up for the finishers. I'm sure someday I'll be a race volunteer and hopefully help with stuff like that! She also got to see cool things that the runners couldn't see, like the steam ship and Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame!





No comments:

Post a Comment