Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Things I'm Good At: Procrastination.

I'm very talented at doing things so that I'm NOT doing things. I have mastered the art of procrastination. Right now I'm delaying doing my French essay, which I had envisioned myself starting on 45 minutes ago. I have to produce a 3-page essay, which normally would be a piece of cake, but since it will be written in French, it's more like writing a 12-page paper in English. Dreading, dreading, dreading. Things I do to procrastinate include: deleting old files from my computer, reading all of the blogs I follow, filling up my water bottle a million times, reading my own blog posts, looking through my drawers and trying on old clothes, measuring how long my hair is, looking through old appointments in my calendar, looking through a scrapbook, checking Facebook every two minutes, wearing 3-D glasses, and taking pictures of myself...
Clearly a good look for me.

Before settling down to write, I also checked the 10-day weather forecast 4598743 times. WHY is it going to be 49 and rainy THIS Sunday?!?! That's a recipe for marathon success! Next Sunday's forecast isn't out yet but it might be too much to ask for the temperatures to dip down that low TWO Sundays in a row (yet stay warm and lovely all the other days of the week...).

My "Row For Boston" shirt came today! I got it from Boathouse for donating to the Boston Children's Hospital in the aftermath of the April 15 events. The back says "Boston Strong" but I decided not to include a picture because it's a bit much to read since my web-cam would show it backwards. Forgive the frizzy hair-do...
Love the nice close-up of my beloved Camelbak!

Can't believe this week is already more than half over! It's been flying by. I've kept busy finishing up some school assignments, spinning, cross-training, and assisting the head coach of my high school rowing team at practice. I still have some exciting events before weekend, will definitely keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment