Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Rest=Okay.


So.... today I ended up taking another rest day even though I had one on Monday. This means I will have to run tomorrow even though I had hoped to run today and take tomorrow off in preparation for a long run. The doctor suggested running every other day this week, but I really need another day of running and I was unable to go today! So a short run tomorrow will have to work, but I promise to be careful and listen to my foot! During my long run too.

Anyways, I feel really not good about not running today. Last night, I was up late working on a group project (by myself, ironically), and I just really felt that I needed to sleep in this morning. I knew that this would mean that I probably wouldn't have a chance to run at all today, because I'm pretty busy, but I just listened to my body and slept in. I think I needed it! Yesterday I was starting to have a weird sore throat, which I accredit to allergies but I've been loading up on Airborne since 9 PM last night anyways. Even so, I've had these constant pangs of guilt all day for not working out! I keep needing to tell myself to relax! At one point this afternoon I almost changed and went for a run even though I didn't have the time (or energy). It's important to remember though: Rest is GOOD for your body, and essential to repairing tired muscles and organs, and sometimes it ends up keeping you healthier than if you'd gone running!

I'm including some beautiful pictures of my cute campus, even if it's giving me allergies! I'm lucky to have a campus as beautiful as this one to run and walk around on.





No comments:

Post a Comment