Monday, May 27, 2013

Running, arms, abs, and snacks.

Today I had a great run through the drizzly Memorial Day weather. It was good temps for running. I had a low point when I ran past my grandparents house and got distracted when my grandfather called my name from their driveway, causing me to nearly hit a tree! I need to focus better when I'm running.

After my run I did 8-minute arms and my normal abs circuit, as well as my IT-Band stretches and hip strengthening exercises. I normally do abs every other day, though I imagine doing them everyday would be fine. I like to give it an extra day for the muscle to repair/rebuild but I imagine what I'm doing is light enough to do every day. It does help give me a great core though. This is my normal ab routine:


Today was my first day doing 8-minute arms, which I want to do just to give me a little bit stronger/more toned upper body. Surprisingly, rowing on it's own does not demand that you have super-strong arms! I do have a strong back and good lats, but my 8-inch-circumference biceps are certainly not hulking. I tried doing Hungry Runner Girl's favorite 8-minute arms: 


Of course, I don't have any weights here so I used these two free-weights of champions:

(Sorry Mom for catching you in the back of that picture....)

After my run and work-out, I inhaled a bunch of watermelon. I am SO excited that it's watermelon season; I love the stuff and find it extremely refreshing...especially after a run or hot yoga!


Even though it's rainy and cold and we were stuck indoors, we had a nice Memorial Day dinner of corn, potatoes, a bit of pasta, and grilled chicken. I had my sister pick up my favorite treat from Starbucks for me to nibble on later...


So good! I hope everyone else had a great Memorial Day Weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment