Friday, May 24, 2013

Triathlon and MOVABLE.

One of the things that I really want to accomplish this summer is my first triathlon. I'm not sure how I will do this because I do not own a bicycle. My mom has a bike that I use but it's a clunky mountain bike. However, I'm determined! I will do this.

Usually I don't really feel like I need week-by-week books to help me, but I found this book in one of my favorite sections of the library and thought I'd pick it up because to be honest I really don't know a thing about triathlons! So this is my book of the week.


My dad invests in companies for work and a new company called "Movable" has been the latest thing that he talks about. Movable make these "Movable Bands" that count your moves for the day, and you can log them on the computer. Moves can be steps, arm movements, twists, tumbles, leaps, etc. Many companies invest in these for their employees as a part of a health/wellness program and it can become a competition to get the most "moves" per day. My dad got some Movable Bands from work and now I have one! It's not really something that's designed for really athletic people who are trying to accomplish BIG things but it's designed more for people who are starting out. I think it's great and I like to wear mine because it's COOL. It also functions as a watch but the numbers go vertically instead of the normal horizontal. I'm just starting to use it but I'll have to update more when I've used it for awhile.

Check the Movable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment