Thursday, May 30, 2013

Icky Run.


Today I got up in time to hopefully beat the heat for my run...an idea which failed. It was already 87 degrees when I emerged from the house--though I didn't realize it at the time because I just assumed early must=cooler.

No. It doesn't.





                                                                   



^ Allow these pictures to illustrate what happens when you run too much in heat that you didn't realize was even there... I'm always cold so my brain wasn't exactly complaining when I finally got to warm up outside...until the very end of my 35-minute run when I realized I looked (and felt) like a baked raspberry. No shame in posting those sweaty photos. Hopefully you can't see the sweat dripping off my ears and nose...

Despite the heat, today's run felt pretty okay. It was supposed to be an "easy" pace but maintaining my pace was difficult, which I later learned was probably due to the heat. I think this can only be good preparation though, for the June 16th half-marathon that I'm preparing for. Hopefully by that time all the pollen and fuzzy things that are floating around calm down though... Those fuzzy things are ridiculous! They kept going into my eyes and I continuously felt like I had swallowed mouthfuls of them... Not to mention they kept sticking to my sweaty body! By the end of my run I looked like a cotton ball!

After a really long and also ICKY day at work I came home to THIS:


Do not let the backwards webcam-interpretation of the label fool you...that is CHOCOLATE and there is caramel inside! And it's ALL FOR ME. Running, spinning, rowing, and chocolate are all life-savers after long/tough days for me. I picked up some new books at the library which I'm looking forward to reading (and writing about!) once I finish some homework tonight. Until then, I have chocolate to keep me going...


No comments:

Post a Comment