Friday, December 20, 2013

Baking to-do list and winter training tips.

Today's workout:

-10 minute "warm-up" on the erg
-25 minute spin
-Indoor workout (x1)
-8-minute abs
Total: 50 minutes

Wore my team t-shirt and school-spirited shorts in hopes it would remind me how to row! The 10 minutes wasn't bad at all.



My post-workout lunch was a yummy kale salad...I'm now obsessed with kale! Definitely prefer it to a plain spinach salad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not really planning on doing heavy mileage over the winter, but I found some interesting tips here - made me think of my 13.1 miles through a snowstorm last weekend! I might keep these in mind for future winters. Check out this article with suggestions on how to divide up long runs throughout the winter! 


Love this quote... keeping this in mind will be good motivation to keep moving throughout the winter even though I don't have any rowing or running races in sight!
On my baking to-do list...

I hope to make these happen over my break.

These too!

And these! Sort of like the Trader Joe's ones that I'm addicted to.

Important to remember, especially around this time of year (in my opinion). 

11:17 PM seems like a perfectly appropriate time to organize your drawers...right? Well now thanks to my quick re-arrangements I can see all of my t-shirts AND they all fit in my drawers. This way none of them get left-out (if I'm only wearing the ones I can see on the top). 

Definitely time well-spent! 





No comments:

Post a Comment