Sunday, December 8, 2013

Movie with friends and half-marathon in ONE WEEK?

Last night after about 4 hours of studying I watched one of my all time fave movies (Princess Bride) with friends. Since I'll be overseas next semester moments like these with my friends from my community are extra-special.


Our beautifully decorated common room!


Woke up to more snow this morning...

This morning  I also realized that I just have one week until my half-marathon...OMG. I feel more ready than I have in the past and also less ready. I didn't run much in the two weeks before my last half-marathon, but I wonder if that hurt me (though I can't complain...still PRed by 7 minutes). I had originally planned to just make this half-marathon a "fun race" but as it nears I find myself unable to do anything but think about it in my most competitive mindset. I'm very competitive with myself. I'm getting nervous, because I'm scared!

I've been taking good care of my IT-band and have been rolling (foam rolling!) everyday and doing my stretches. Tomorrow I think I'll do an easy run (just 3 miles or so) and I think I'll do the same on Wednesday or Thursday just to keep things working. I had plans of ellipticizing again today but I think that really seems to tire out my legs so I'm gonna skip it! I'll likely do 8-minute abs and my indoor workout later in the evening as a study break. 

Off to my last crew meeting for at least a year!




No comments:

Post a Comment