Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Sparkly night and running "guilt."

Until today, I hadn't run since my not-good-feeling run last week when I aborted my 10-miler.
I started feeling like this.
Though I've been ellipticizing and doing 8-minute abs and lots of push-ups and other stuff, it's not the same as running! Finally, having had one week of recovery and foam rolling, I headed out today. At first I planned for 3 easy miles but quickly decided 2 was quite sufficient when I realized the winds I was up against (and that I'd forgotten my ear warmer). The 2 miles felt okay. I can tell I need more stretching, but luckily I found that some shin pains bothered me more than my knee - which I take as a good sign. At this point, I would probably be okay resigning this weekend's half-marathon to a "fun" race if it doesn't feel great on Sunday morning. I think it would take quite a lot before I could ever ever drop out of a race, so I don't really foresee that happening. 

Last night I looked out the window and the most beautiful snow was sprinkling down! It looked like glitter. Naturally I ran outside to experience it. I loved feeling how quiet and "soft" campus seemed. It didn't show up very sparkly in any of the photos that I took though :(



Someone proposed here just hours before I took this photo! It's "the" place to propose on campus. 
"My" door.

I sure hope this doesn't kill anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment