Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lots of snow pics for you!

In the past 1.5 years, I have never really seen Oxford get a "big" snow that covers the entire ground so you can't see any leaves/sticks poking through. Until yesterday! Yesterday was our last day of classes, and I had a jam-packed schedule with classes, presentations, meetings, and a colloquium to be from 9AM to 3PM and then a holiday party at 9PM. It was our last real time to see everyone before we depart on our "overseas adventure" so we stayed and hung out with people until about 1:30AM! It was a long (but good!) day.

The snow made things interesting.

When I woke up it looked like this.


Not too bad right? You can't really tell in the picture, but snow was falling steadily all day. I didn't expect that though, and being that there was really just a light dusting on the ground (nothing to a Clevelander) I wore flats to my morning presentation so that I would look nice (plus there was a business-casual requirement). 

Snow stuck to me with every step, flying into my mouth, eyes, hood, etc. In no time it was brimming over the sides of my flats. I didn't see a single person without boots on. On my way back from my presentation a couple friends stopped me with "WHAT are you wearing??!?!?" I quickly changed into snow boots.

By the time I left my colloquium at 4:00, it was more like this.

It became hard just to walk around because the sidewalks were mostly uncleared and were not melty, but very slushy. Every step had to be very careful or you might go sliding somewhere you didn't want to be!
Oxford does not believe in snowplows... 
My home is the building on the right. With it in sight I felt the snow was much more beautiful.

I took a quick break and got dressed to brave the storm again and head out to the gym to find my favorite elliptical. 

Happy to see I coordinated. 

I've begun finding new ways to entertain myself for my 35-minute elliptical sessions... including lots of snapchats!


My walk back from the gym. It started to look pretty as the snow lessened and I could actually open my eyes while outside. I went home and did 8-minute abs and lots of push-ups.

Pretty lights in town!


When I woke up, it was a beautiful sunny morning! It supposed to be extremely cold next week but I think the snow is due to melt first. It was interesting while it lasted - a 12-hour storm!














No comments:

Post a Comment