Thursday, December 19, 2013

Rest time is over & pretty holiday sights.

Well today I did my first workout since Sunday's half-marathon! I did 25-minute spin, my indoor workout, and 8-minute abs, which all came up to about a 40-minute workout. It felt really good to get moving again and get my sweat on. Somehow when I'm really busy and the weather's bad (i.e. finals week) it's really easy to skip workouts but when I'm bored and/or supposed to be resting I get so impatient waiting for my "rest" to be over! Interesting how the perspective turns!

My legs definitely felt it for the first few minutes of spin but I went easy and my legs warmed up eventually. I think I'll abstain from running for another few days and will keep foam-rolling, but I hope to do some easy running on Sunday (one week after my half-marathon) while the weather's warm. I like it to be all white for the holidays but I'm not going to pass up an opportunity for a non-slippery run if it comes my way!

After my workout I went with Alex to visit old teachers. I donned my wool cream-colored skirt. I bought it WAY on sale with a gift card to J. Crew and am loving it. It's very thick and kept me nice and toasty and is definitely going to be coming to Europe with me!


Later on in the afternoon I did some work for the rowing team's Endowment Campaign and then caught part of the Sex and the City movie on TV so I watched that for a little while. That movie is a bit of a guilty pleasure for me...though I'll admit I prefer the edited TV version! 

Our house was freezing so I wore my snuggly socks from Alex...

...and even ended up putting slippers on too! (See our xmas tree in the background?)

This evening I went to back brownies with Alex. I've been driving by a beautifully lit house and really giant Christmas tree all week and really wanting to take pictures! Finally I pulled over and snapped a couple.

Can you see their front door? It's the pretty part. I think I should probably get out of the car next time...it was just too cold!

Stuck my hand out the window for this one! So pretty!







No comments:

Post a Comment