Saturday, January 11, 2014

55-degree run and my PB cake :)

Saturday morning I got in 6 miles in the balmy 55-degree weather! Of course it was very grey and rainy too but I really got into it because I was so excited to have mostly clear sidewalk and roads to run on. Did the speediest running that I've done in weeks (or months!) and it felt GREAT. I think it helped that yesterday I skipped the running and did some spinning because I was just feeling  tired out. My legs were fresh and  ready to tackle today's run!

Sorry for the soggy rain hair and sticking-out tongue there. I was just really happy.

Note: Yes I wore shorts. Yes it is January.

Last year Alex gave me my precious Garmin Forerunner 410 and since then I record many of my miles on their website. I love when they give us statistics like this :) That's a lot of candy!

Remember when I was briefly complaining about my ouchie toe? I googled about it and found a bunch of conditions that I'm praying I don't have. I did find some advice to tape your toes together, and that seemed like it would help the painful pulling feeling inside my running (and normal) shoes. I think it did help! So this is what my toes look like now.

----------------------------------------------

For dinner on Friday night we headed out to one of our fave local restaurants, the Katz Club. Remember when we went there towards the end of the summer?

While we were waiting for our food we tried to take a picture but got photobombed by my parents! 

I ordered an omelette with a side of greens. It looks here like the greens were overtaking the meal but the omelette was giant and delicious too.

After dinner on Friday night we enjoyed some of my PB cake birthday cake! (We were celebrating my birthday early since I'll be overseas for the actual day.) I think it came out really nicely and it tasted delicious, if I do say so myself!

When I was making the frosting, I took it as a good omen that the heavy cream expires on my actual bday :)

After dinner we watched Despicable Me 2. I highly recommend it, I think it might be better than the first one!

I enjoyed some more of it this evening after dinner to help refuel from those 6 miles :)

P.S. This is my 200th post! What!



No comments:

Post a Comment