Monday, January 13, 2014

What I am looking forward to...

Recently I wrote about what I'm going to miss about being in Oxford... I'm sure going to miss a lot! But there's so much I'm looking forward to about Europe too!


I've sorted out a bit of a packing list for when I go. Recently I've had to do a lot of shopping for some of the essentials that I'm going to bring. I'm actually not a huge fan of shopping (unless it's to GAP, and that's even pushing it) so it's been a bit like pulling teeth over the past couple weeks to make sure I have everything American that I might need for the next couple of months.

Mini versions of my favorite toiletries for my short weekend trips.

Microfiber towel (purple!)


To help adjust my sleep schedule when I first get there.

Intense, for every kind of plug and to convert the power for my hair dryer and straightener.

To stow important things under my clothing.

For fending off unwanted illness!


For my backpack, etc.

Plane food, so I don't get cranky.

I've never traveled so this is all very new to me - I'm sorry if it's boring to see all of these mundane items... to me they're sort of exciting!

I frequently stalk the photos of a friend who's been there this whole semester. I was excited to find this photo among them :

Florence.
So apparently they have people like me over there!!! I'm not sure it'll be convenient to row but I'm sure I'll get some running in.

I can't wait to lots of other sites and try new foods there, etc.

And to see this in person for the first time.

Trying new foods is definitely something I'm excited about too - especially after my practice being European with gelato.

I'm looking forward to finally seeing all of the things that I've heard about for so long. And meeting my host mom and other new people who will be a pivotal part of my experience there.

I'm excited to adventure with this person, too.




No comments:

Post a Comment