Sunday, January 19, 2014

Yoga, coconut/squash soup, and the happiest place on Earth :)

After my big week of running, yoga was a nice change of pace this morning! I had a bit of a pain in my knee when I woke up, so I knew it was time for a rest.

After yoga, we headed to Trader Joe's, aka the happiest place on Earth!


I got all of the essentials for the trip...the trick is to make these last for the next four months!

Later on Alex and I headed to Maggiano's for some Italian, and also to use a gift card/celebrate our anniversary (which was in November). We've just been waiting to celebrate properly!!!

Much of the rest of the day was spent organizing/packing, but for dinner I rounded up another soup for Soup Sundays. This one is called "Smoky Coconut and Butternut Squash soup" and was meant to be a side to the rest of our meal.

Paired with lentils sprinkled on top and a simple kale/olive oil/cheese salad!

The soup used butternut squash, onion, spices, and "creamy coconut" to give it a nice, warm, thick consistency.

I deviated from the menu and threw in some curry (I'm crazy about curry now?!) and instead of coconut milk used the thicker stuff above. YUM.

My mom also made salmon with a crunchy/lemony topping to with this meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment